Senior Software Engineer
San Diego, CA
Engineering & Data
LumaTax is an early-stage, venture-backed SaaS company that is focused on providing small businesses with touch-of-a-button simplicity when it comes to sales tax compliance. We’re targeting the 20M+ small businesses in the US that are saddled with state and local tax compliance. We’re all about alleviating the compliance burden for small business owners so they can focus on running their business and enjoying their weekend!
The Senior Software Engineer will develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas and following the software development lifecycle.
In this role, you will
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming; improves operations by conducting systems analysis
- Recommend changes in policies and procedures
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities and work with cross-functional teams in an agile, experiment-driven environment
Our ideal candidate:
Education: Master of Science in Computer Engineering
Experience: 24 Months in Same or Similar Position
In lieu of the above listed Masters Degree and work experience, a suitable and acceptable substitute is a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science of Computer Engineering or foreign equivalent and 5 Years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience.